Bastion Bungalow is a tourist centre situated at the end of the Church road in Fort Kochi. It was built by the Portuguese in the year 1667. This building is a pure representation of Indo European style that follows the Dutch style. Currently it is the official residence of the Sub collector. It has the name Bastion because it is located on the Stromsburg Bastion of the Dutch fort. This bungalow is spherical in shape and its ceiling is tiled. It was the office cum residence of the RDO. This monument is now considered as a protected site by the Department of Archaeology. It is believed that there are some underground tunnels from this building which are yet to be discovered. This bungalow is also a favorite film shooting location.